Principal Chief Conservator of Forests & HoFF, Bhubaneswar
The Forest Department in Odisha came into existence during pre-independence period since 1883-84, when Odisha was a part of Bengal. A solitary division was there namely, Odisha Division amongst 10 Divisions comprising the whole of Bengal, Bihar & Odisha under the charge of one Conservator of Forests with headquarters at Darjeeling. Sometime in past, certain forest blocks of Angul were declared as Reserved Forests under section 19 of Indian Forest Act, 1882. Odisha Forest Division was bifurcated into two divisions – Angul and Puri in the year 1912. Later on Sambalpur division was created. This three division had a total area of 741 sq. miles of Reserved Forests and 1069 sq. miles of protected forests.