1. Provide technical leadership to develop the program framework, plans, and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and promptly monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities.
2. Develop the project performance management system (PPMS) including necessary reporting formats.
3. Train the PMU and other staff in the implementation of the PPMS.
4. Based on data from the M&E system showing the location of subprojects, create maps showing where subprojects are located and the status of these.
5. Plan (including preparation of TORs for an external survey firm) and oversee baseline data collection, and impact surveys.
6. Assist the PMU in the production of progress reports for submission to Government of Maharashtra and ADB, and work with safeguards specialists to ensure that safeguard monitoring reports are produced, including monitoring against the GESI/AP.
7. Review the M&E needs and plans of the Project, extract relevant indicators, and devise an M&E system or framework to monitor the project outputs and outcomes and ensure its contribution to Project’s DMF/Results Framework.
8. Establish an effective M&E and data collection system, develop reporting forms for capturing quantitative and qualitative information, and prepare and update the PPMS consistent with the project’s DMF/Results Framework (RF).
9. Collect baseline data and monitor the progress towards achieving output- and outcome- level targets and indicators as specified in the DMF.
10. Monitor project implementation and ensure that all M&E data are disaggregated by sex, and capture social inclusion dimensions (e.g. disability inclusion).
11. Prepare, design and conduct regular and targeted overall project performance assessment and impact evaluation surveys, in close collaboration and coordination with PMU.
12. Identify project implementation issues, provide recommendations, and coordinate with concerned parties to find solutions.
13. Prepare project briefs, presentation materials and semi-annual and annual progress monitoring and accomplishment reports based on the project’s DMF/RF.