1. The PPP Expert will support the team for PPP component development activities including but not limited to marina and waterfront development and water sports etc. at Devbag sub-project site.
2. The key tasks include:
• Assess experience of past PPP projects in coastal sector in Maharashtra, lessons learnt, the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible issues of private sector participation in coastal infrastructure and services (including tourism, transport, and fisheries etc.)
• Assist PMU in identifying the potential PPP components and support with necessary research and analysis for preliminary discussions.
• Sensitize team to appropriate bridge financing mechanisms (such as the Viability Gap Fund scheme) and support PMU in accessing the available resources from central/state/MDB for financing mechanism
• Develop a framework for screening the PPP projects/subprojects/component in terms of suitability of PPP modality, financial viability, and sustainability.
• Support PMU in developing the initial PPP component(s) concept note, with preliminary PPP Structure and prefeasibility studies (including demand assessment, market assessments etc.), and preliminary financial models.
• Support the PMU in obtaining necessary internal and external approvals for the PPP projects
• Develop, maintain, and continuously update all financial projections for relevant PPP projects/programs.
• Support PMU in finalizing TOR for any additional technical, legal experts in preparation necessary bid documents and concession agreements; and also support the PMU in recruitment of these experts.
• Support PMU in finalizing the necessary bid documents, bidding, bid evaluations of the approved PPP projects.
• Drafting, key relevant PPP policy/ analytical works as determined by PMU.
• Support in capacity building of officials for PPP
• Advocacy and facilitating coordination with relevant stakeholders
• Any other relevant activities as deemed fit by PMU to meet the objectives/scope mentioned above