• Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor
• Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other
services delivered by the project at local and national level
• Support the team in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in prepariang a a follow-on phase
• Provide advisory services to eight partner cities in selected implementation projects for public transport, non-motorised transport, clean air and emission reduction, etc.
• Responsible for steering and coordinating international and national expert/consultant team within the available budget
• Coordinate with the officer responsible for the commission (Project Head) and Deputy Project Head in Delhi on a regular basis.
• Design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the areas of clean air and sustainable mobility
• Taking cross-cutting themes into consideration (for example, gender equality)
• Staff management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and managing the assignments and supporting local and international experts
• Guide/steer the four urban transport experts and project coordinator (long term experts) in the implementation and coordination of project activities at the city level
• Support to the representation of the project at international and national fora and in any coordination formats with other GIZ projects as well as bilateral and multilateral agencies
• Ensuring that monitoring procedures are carried out
• Lead in setting up and monitoring the Results-based Monitoring Systems and support to the preparation and updation of Capacity WORKS tools
• Develop and periodically update the expected/achieved socio-economic and environment impact figures of all the SUM-ACA project supported activities in GIZ prescribed format
• Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines and quality control of all the deliverables submitted by long term and short term experts
• Prepare and periodic updation of presentations and newsletters on SUM-ACA supported project activities
National, state, and urban institutions promote climate- and environmentally friendly, low-emission and socially balanced urban mobility systems.