1. Overall responsible to drive the financing aspects of the project and work closely with the potential financial institutions
2. Responsible to execute the project through exposure and understanding of government policies and schemes, rural banking, public finance sector, domestic banking sector, MFIs/NBFCs etc.
3. Responsible to identify and leverages funds for the project and also develop a long-term sustainability roadmap for both the sector
4. Help in designing financial product for DRE applications based on the need and capacity of the potential end users.
5. Responsible in planning and organizing workshops for financial institutions, exposure visits to demonstration sites.
The objective of the project is to facilitate the creation of an enabling market environment for promoting productive use of Decentralized Renewable Energy (DRE) technologies and services catering to farm and allied sectors in rural India, that directly help in achieving the dual goals of carbon dioxide emission reduction and rural poverty alleviation. The goal of the project would be to improve the quality of life of rural populations by providing affordable clean energy technologies leading to saving of the recurring fuel costs.