1. Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor (quality and deadlines);
2. Coordinating and ensuring communication with GIZ, partners and others involved in the project;
3. Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments;
4. Design of framework to execute innovative strategies;
5. Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines;
6. Guide Supervisors and volunteers;
7. Assess the Plastic Waste Management (PWM) status at the site and facilitate implementation and develop site wise road map to support implementation of project.
8. Identify opportunities for public-private partnerships and work in collaborations with other potential agencies in the demonstration site;
9. Support formulation, promotion and implementation of EPR/ plastic credits led technical intervention on channelization of plastic waste along with producers and recyclers of plastic waste management;
10. Assist the team in preparing the reports and conducting necessary studies and activities.
The objective of this assignment is to develop, support and implement an economically sustainable circular model for plastic waste management. The activity shall involve active involvement of key stakeholders relevant to waste management system in Trivandrum. The agency shall do status quo mapping, gather local support and evaluate resources and technologies for creating an enabling environment to enforce the plastic waste management rules. For the specific assignment, the association with a local partner might be crucial (or consortium of local partner and others ) that will help to develop, implement and secure the follow-up and the legacy of the project. The lead national agency can apply in consortium with another firm/ firms which is registered in India/ outside.